Monday, October 17, 2011

our greatest fear

I wanted to briefly share with you these words that my good friend Dwayne shared with me today, when I needed them badly. Perhaps you need them too. May God bless you with them.



Our Greatest Fear — Marianne Williamson


Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.


It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,

talented and fabulous?


Actually, who are you not to be?


You are a child of God.


Your playing small does not serve the world.

There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other

people won't feel insecure around you.


We were born to make manifest the glory of

God that is within us.


It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.


And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people

permission to do the same.


As we are liberated from our own fear,

Our presence automatically liberates others.


3 comments:

Monica said...

Hi there I'm Monica, just was checking blogs and came on this one. I love this piece from your friend. We do worry about shining and making others feel inadequate. I hope that this will stay in my heart as a reminder to myself and something I will share. also thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

Amen to this, it's certainly a word in due season. I've been facing something recently and asking God to give me boldness to speak out and take charge of the situation so as to protect myself. I'm grateful for your obedience to the Lord in posting this. And may I add that the other commenter, "freebird" is my very dear friend and I think it's God's Holy Spirit in all of us that would make me come across a blog with her comment on it. I'm amazed at how small this world really is. Hi Monica-poo!!

jennifer anderson said...

she has some great concepts but be aware some of her books talk about new age religion or the universal church. not traditional christianity.