Thursday, December 31, 2009

bookworm

Here's the visual summary of what I've read this year. For the most part, I had some great reading material this year. Some serious, some silly, some deep, some superficial. Some for fun, some for spiritual encouragement, some for classes I was taking. And I'll admit up front that there are a few that I still have to finish (or that I was only assigned part of for class), but since I've read the majority of those, I'll count them as read in 2009.

My top three picks from the year are: Acedia and Me by Kathleen Norris, The Depth of the Riches: A Trinitarian Theology of Religious Ends by S. Mark Heim, and easily the hands down favorite, Gilead by Marilynne Robinson. All in all, though, it's been a good year for reading, and there are lots of books here you should check out. Click on any one of them to be taken to the amazon.com description. What are some of your favorite reads from this year? Please feel free to share them with me so I can add them to my list for this next year! Here's to another great year in 2010!




No comments: